23.04.2013 - 24.04.2013 | Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Training seminar 'Improving S&T Indicators in Central Asia'
After the successful workshop on S&T indicators in Almaty in 2011, the IncoNet CA/SC project organised a second training seminar in Tashkent on 23 and 24 April 2013. It targeted statistical agencies, survey respondents and data users from Central Asia, with the aim of reflecting on and improving the S&T indicators methodologies.
On 23 and 24 April 2013, some 35 participants from national statistical agencies, survey respondents and data users attended the latest IncoNet CA/SC training seminar on 'Improving S&T Indicators in Central Asia'.
Based on the input from R&D statistical experts from UNESCO, OECD and National Statistical Offices from Ukraine and Estonia, who presented the methodological base of the Frascati Manual, which covers international R&D standards, and its applicability issues in practice, the participants from Central Asia gained understanding of their own national as well as international data collection, storage and analysis.
The training has also offered an insight into using R&D standards as an internal controlling tool at the level of research performing organisations. Lastly, it was the opportunity to share good practices and potentials for improvement with concrete future follow-up activities.
Participants targeted by this training seminar:
- The national statistical agencies and institutions and the S&T indicator experts aiming at introducing internationally accepted standards
- The survey respondents during data collection being confronted with new methodology, new data collection approaches and classifications and the internal processes of their own entity
- The data users such as national governments, agencies (if applicable), international statistical organisations
- Centre for Social Innovation (ZSI, Austria)
- Archimedes Foundation (Estonia)
- National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS, France)
- Institute of Material Sciences SPA "Physics - Sun" Academy of Sciences Republic of Uzbekistan (IMS-UZ, Uzbekistan)
- Independent Expert Consulting Board to Promote Scientific Research Activity in Kazakhstan (INEXCB-Kz, Kazakhstan)
- National Library of the Kyrgyz Republic (NLKR, Kyrgyz Republic)
- Modern Scientists (MS, Tajikistan)
- Scientific Consulting Center 'Altyn Umyt' (SCC-Altyn Umyt, Turkmenistan)
- Report of the seminar (coming soon)
- Session 2.1; Session 2.2: Production of national and international S&T data
- Session 3.1; Session 3.2: National R&D questionnaires and Methodological issues in practice: Experience exchange between national data collectors and survey respondents
- Session 4.1; Session 4.2; Session 4.3; Session 4.4: S&T Statistics in Central Asia
- Session 5: From established systems towards internationally conform standards: Key problems
- Session 6: Best practice in the S&T data collection processes at R&D performing organisation/ university
- Session 7: R&D statistical questionnaire respondents in CA countries
- Session 8: Presentation on the latest developments in R&D statistics and main directions of its further transformations at the international level and in specific countries
Project members will find additional info (list and contact data of participants, photos) on the Communiacation Platform (password protected).